SEO has become a prominent player in the digital marketing arena and isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Here’s why:
Each time a big algorithm update hits or a new digital strategy emerges, critics challenge the sustainability of SEO. Yet after all these years, SEO still remains. Here’s why it is still an influential strategy today and will be here for the long haul:
1. It works – Bottom line, SEO works. It’s is an extremely effective form of digital marketing and can help increase traffic, awareness and conversions for businesses. Its ability to produce fantastic results has garnered a lot of attention for the industry and it remains an important digital marketing strategy.
2. There’s a demand for it – The demand for SEO continues to grow, as it becomes a widely adopted marketing strategy. SEO has really matured over the years and companies understand the value that it can provide their business. As long as there is still a demand, there will still be SEO.
3. It’s cost-effective – SEO is one of the most cost-effective marketing strategies because it targets users who are specifically searching for your products or services. This results in more qualified traffic and shortens the conversion cycle, resulting in substantial cost-savings for businesses.
4. Provides ROI – Since results from SEO are quantifiable, it’s easy to see the return on your investment. Whether you are an eCommerce or non- eCommerce website, the results of your SEO campaign are completely trackable so that you are able to justify your spend.
5. More accurate search results – Well-optimized content helps the search engines to better identify what the webpage is about so they can rank it accurately. When search results are more accurate, users are able to find what they are looking for more easily.
6. SEO is adaptable – This is truly an industry where the only constant changes. The search engines are continuously improving and updating their methods and good SEO companies evolve right along with them.
7. SEOs buy PPC – One of the largest sources of revenue for the search engines is their pay-per-click and display ad networks, and SEO agencies are among the top consumers. At the end of the day, search engines realize that SEO agencies are vital to their revenue cycle and aim to keep the ethical companies around.
While SEO as an industry is viable, that doesn’t mean that every SEO company is. Only ethical, white-hat companies will prevail in the long run. But as long as good companies use ethical and sustainable methods, SEO is here to stay.
If you need help with your SEO strategy or have any questions about finding a good SEO company, please contact us!
Submitted by Erica Machin, Titan Growth